If I don't take any item from the treasure chest,

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

If I don't take any item from the treasure chest,

Post by gildedtalon »

will the boss respawn?

dream robe is definitely the rarest item in the game. what party do you get it with? probably one of the factors required to get it
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
EstrangedIX

Re: If I don't take any item from the treasure chest,

Post by EstrangedIX »

Empty the chest first. Wander off and do other stuff for awhile (about half an hour maybe) and come back to fight the boss again. You'll get a new selection of goodies. I don't know if party members affect the contents or not. Could be a factor since I don't remember getting it each playthrough (though I just may not have noticed it).
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

if you fight a treasure boss, the treasure is set, and you'll have to empty the treasure to be able to try again when the boss resets. If any party factor is relevant it is luck. Try making sure all your party members have a luck stat above 150, and you may have better results.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes the boss will respawn but it takes much longer, probably double or triple the time. The game seems to leave the chest around for a while before it decides to replace it with a new boss & chest.

the overall quality of the chest seems to improve if you leave the boss alone for a longer time, but if you are just looking for 1 rare item, sometimes you can just keep coming back as soon as it spawns (ie i have gotten 3-4 Fire Magic Rings and Lightning Magic Rings in a row). but if you come back immediately you're bound to see things like Worn Out Tunic instead of Premier items, and maybe it does decrease the chance of getting a super-rare item like Dream Robe or Fire Magic Ring.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

You could also try saving at the save sphere before the boss, then beat the boss, check treasure, and reset as needed. I just tried that, and it took only a half dozen resets to get one, and I got different treasures each time.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

you mean you just got the item using soft reset trick? what party are you using and what level?

said trick didn't work. reset more than 30 times. mountain path only gives you crappy items. I'll just level up every single character to 60. If it still didn't work, then goodbye cruel world.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I had a 6 man party, levels 52-58, Hugo as flame champion. the average luck was over 150 per person. I entered from the grassland side of the mountain path, saves once right before even entering the area with the treasure boss, then entered it, beat him up, checked the treasure, and soft reset to before I had even entered the treasure boss area . Every single time, the treasure I got was completely different.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

tried it with hugo, shabon, sgt.joe, rhett, viki, cecile

didn't work

they all have over 150 except Hugo: 148 and can not be increased anymore

who are your party members? I'll just copy

over 70 tries, no dream robe. it probably needs suikoden ii data and I don't have it

got everything except dream robe which is probably never available