Mole helm and barrier rune

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

Mole helm and barrier rune

Post by gildedtalon »

Someone should update the information

1.Mole helm, corpse near the blue mantrix on mt.hei-tou
2.Barrier rune, corpse near the save point on flame champ hideaway

I just got them in a row, this proves me wrong on the previous topic ahahahahahaha :mrgreen:

Now I can finally move on to another chapter, goodbye chapter 4

I believe that in order to get those unique items, you must first loot those useless items from the corpse or else they will never show up. probably just me though, I took the time to take every single crap that corpse gave me :?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
gildedtalon

Re: Mole helm and barrier rune

Post by gildedtalon »

would appreciate it if someone can give me suggestions on the party to tackle sarah and yuber on ceremonial site in one turn if that's possible

the last 5

1.dream robe

removed toy duck from the list

removed dragon statue s from the list

removed painting: knight from the list

removed rose vase from the list
Last edited by gildedtalon on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I see persistence paid off. I know how hard it can be to get those corpses to cooperate.

I don't think there is an easy way to beat either Sarah or Yuber in only a single turn. The Yuber fight is straight forward enough, but Yuber has a nasty habit of not dying. You could easily launch three high level magic spells against him and attack him with three rune-buffed guys and still see him alive at the end of the turn since his 4500 hp is enough to absorb the magic, and his repel and parrying skill could simply negate all the physical attacks. You might be able to sneak in some hits against Yuber by having parrying masters like thomas or augustine since counter attacks can't be avoided, and that might be enough to kill Yuber. The Sarah fight could be won in one turn if you can assemble a team where everyone can deal 1900+ damage through physical attacks, since Sarah and the Azzodesses could negate your magic, or silence you. To succeed with either plan, you're gonna need a lot of rare equipment and runes though...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I need sure hit runes which still deal lots of damage, shrike and red rose?

after thinking for a while, I just need a sure tactic to win. Don't want to get game over and have to go back all the way again to their place

what setup should I use?

Damn, dream robe is giving me a hard time

I've made another conclusion that dream robe and rose vase can only be obtained after saving the people of le buque

btw, treasure boss respawn time for
1.north cavern:35 minutes
2.mountain path:70 minutes
3.mt.senai:60 minutes
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Augustine with Red Rose and Double-Strike does great consistent damage (and make his Swing S of course).
Shrike Rune is completely outclassed by using the Landis + Ayame unite, and just give Landis status protection to use it every turn.
Lion Rune + Jongleur is a good combination as well--without any mage support to increase the activation time of Jongleur, Lion is perfectly timed to act after it. OF COURSE, your Lion Rune user is the amazing little Shabon and Jongleur user is Nei!

isn't the Dream Robe a 1-time only item? once the Guardian appears in Mountain Path you'll get it for beating him the first time. and it probably is after Le Buque or is at the start of Chapter 5 or something (same thing?).

i don't recall when i got the rose vase, but i don't know if it's exclusive to late game. if i ever load this game up i can look at earlier saves and check if i have it.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

some people reported having 3 dream robes and it definitely didn't appear my first time on chapter 5

I never remember getting it so early either. Maybe after ceremonial site, the item will show up the first time :|
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

rose vase is easy to get as it's a rare find in the guild hall throughout the entire game. Of course, if you forgot to take advantage of that, it's a littler trickier...

I never remember having any trouble getting a dream robe, but then, I've never really actively searched for it either. if it's a repeatable treasure boss item, it could show up at any time, it has nothing to do with your game progression.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

dream robe is the last one, i'm right before the final battle

i'll probably have to forget this item then :x

I remember the first time I encountered the 2nd twin snake, he only had dragon scale and recipe. no dream robe

Here's the link to someone who reported the same problem on gamefaqs

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/536777-s ... i/53689082

at this point, possibilities that come to my mind
1.the item is only available on certain FC. sadly, hugo is not
2.there is a time limit to when you can get this item. since my playtime is over 80 hours, I probably can't get it anymore
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

there's no time limit or character restrictions on any item acquisition, so long as the boss remains, the item is available. It just may take a long time to get it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh you know what, i was thinking of Robe of Mist. i might actually not have any game with a Dream Robe! never actively sought it..
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

perhaps level requirement(all party members must be above 60)? an all-mage team?