Which corpse on mt.hei tou nets the mole helm?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

Which corpse on mt.hei tou nets the mole helm?

Post by gildedtalon »

the one closer to blue mantrix or the one closer to the save point?

Also, blue kennel never seems to appear on goppu 2000 potch. anyone knows why? should I have a winning streak or what?

One more question, who can utilize hunter rune effectively? I need Karaya Urn from banshee but when I use Emily, she can only hit once, not multi-hit (6-8 hits in a turn) like usual

So far, I can only get failure urn. Perhaps Karaya Urn is only available on the very beginning like Hugo Chapter one?

I'm chapter 4 btw

These 3 items: mole helm, blue kennel, karaya urn never appear for me
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Re: Which corpse on mt.hei tou nets the mole helm?

Post by eldrasidar »

I believe it's the one closest to the save point. Of course it is a lot easier to just get the mole helm that comes from the treasure monster in the north cavern during thomas' chapters.

with goppu, try switching which color you are playing with. I remember playing like a dozen matches with red at 5000 and getting a lot of repeat prizes, then I switched to black and got different prizes. Can't prove changing colors actually helps, but it's worth a shot. It could also be a matter of the particular parties luck, but I don't have a clue how to factor that in.

nobody uses a hunter rune very effectively since it reduces one's hit rate to unmodifiable 5%. I find dart throwers like watari make the ideal candidates, since they are fast enough attackers that they can usually make about 3 attempts to hit in a round. The more effective way to do it is to use a character with good wind magic and a wind rune to cast wind of sleep, and then attack with the hunter rune character, since enemies that are asleep are automatically hit, negating the miss chance from the hunter rune.

karaya urns are very rare drops on monsters that have multiple drops. As such, even using a hunter rune won't guarantee you'll get them. You just gotta persevere. I've only ever gotten them late game, if it makes you feel better.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

but dan crenshaw faq says otherwise. and the one closer to save point seems to only net medicines

i was on the secret passage for 2 hours straight with only failure urn from the banshee perhaps it wasn't the banshee that dropped it? I remember getting them on my previous playthrough with Hugo on chapter one. Thanks for ensuring that the item is not missable

other rare encounters

Blight on plain amur north, needed for Toy Duck

Nemesis on ancient highway, needed for Pine Bonsai

the rest seems to belong to chapter 5, mostly with Mt.Senai GhstKnght

Hey, you're right. Changing to spades nets me the blue kennel. Thanks a lot! :mrgreen: I've been winning more than 50 times with the hearts but no blue kennel

I used Samus to cast Wind of Sleep, always failed. C rank in wind magic
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I didn't say I was sure about the mole helm, I've always had bad luck with corpses anyway.

for toy ducks, it's better to wait until chapter 5, when they become more common(still dropped by blights, but it becomes the common drop, rather than the rare drop)

Some monsters, particularly late game are immune or highly resistant to sleep, in those cases, you just gotta be tenacious. it doesn't hurt to use someone more proficient in wind magic. . If you can't put them to sleep, the best thing to do is just defend with the rest of your party and wait for the hunter rune to eventually hit.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

got the karayan urn, now perma-looting corpse for mole helm and hunting for pine bonsai from nemesis

leaving toy duck for chapter 5

Before I forget, balance rune from mountain path and barrier rune from corpse on flame champ hideaway, which corpse though :?:

got balance rune on my first try, nice
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Confirmed it could be looted from the corpse close to the Crab guardian. I got it 4 times from trying to find Fury rune in chapter 5.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

old topic, but.... tips for Hunter Rune: some enemies cannot be put to sleep, but large ones can't "dodge" and break the attacker's chain, so the attacker will keep repeating the 'first swing' until he/she is out of time. For these large ones you will want a pair of multiple-attackers like Emily and Shabon/Juan both equipped with Hunter Runes for the maximum opportunities.
Finally, you should keep a Firefly tank character around to attract the damage. If the tank is countering and killing everything before you get a Hunter Rune attack to connect, you can reduce the tank's attack to 1 with a Hunter Rune as well! (and no, counter-attacks with Hunter Runes do not force an item drop).
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Emily then Shabon, then Mel or Augustine is probably your best bet, since all of them can have a blue ribbon, so then you don't need a tank as much. If you do still want one, take Leo with a firefly. If you don't upgrade his weapon strength or his damage skill, he'll only ever do mediocre damage at best, and of course he'll go last, and miss frequently anyway. He also will almost never counter attack.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Before I forget, here it is:
1.Mole helm from the corpse closest to the treasure boss on mt.hei-tou, the same corpse that gives you Fury rune
2.Barrier rune from the corpse closest to the entrance of FlameChampHideaway
Oliopro

Post by Oliopro »

Some points and questions about hunter rune.
Using Nei with the jongleur rune casting Song of Serenity being coupled with a character with hunter would help. Also any pairs of characters who would be defending should have 1 character with a water rune so they can remove berserk from themselves should they be inflicted. Dragon Incense is another great addition to a character paired with a hunter who you don't want to attack.

Now my question. I know the accuracy skill won't increase the hit rate but would True Thunderbolt Leather?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

In other games, the Hunter Rune bypasses every bit of the normal hit-check, and just does one with a flat 5% chance, or whatever it happens to be.
Oliopro

Post by Oliopro »

Cool. Thanks.