what do I need to get everything in this game?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

what do I need to get everything in this game?

Post by gildedtalon »

Will the warehouse have enough slots? :? I just found my very old copy(9 years old) and surprisingly, it's still playable :P So now I decided to get everything in this game. Anyone ever done this kind of playthrough? What will irritate me the most?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Re: what do I need to get everything in this game?

Post by eldrasidar »

to get one of everything? yeah, your warehouse should be plenty. There a few things that will be hard to get that come quickly to mind, mostly runes such gale, fury, and fortune. Gale runes can be annoying because you can only get them in either one of Thomas's chapters, or Hugo's chapter 1, when you won't have the best equipment to do so, nor are you likely thinking about them. The best method to get them is to use Thomas, equip everyone with Prosperity Hats(won from the racing game), put Kidd in support, and wander around for while.

pretty much anything is relatively easy enough to acquire at least one of, except for two theatre scripts that require you import suikoden 1 and 2 data, but otherwise aren't bad. some items are pretty rare, but can be acquired without major time limitations, so it's mostly a matter being determined enough to get them.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I tried something like this once but gave up. I've played this game several times and have never managed to get the taikyoku tunic. Ever. Only got one of the robes... the dream robe, I think, once.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

taikyoku tunic is a pretty rare item, but you do have an unlimited number of tries to get it. all the robes are easy to get, in fact you are guaranteed to get all of them just by defeating ever treasure boss once, and recruiting ever character.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I probably wasn't paying attention to it (dream robe) the other times I played then since I only tried to get everything once. I can't count how many times I went to get the taikyoku tunic and was disappointed each time. Now that I've gone on about it I'm sure it'll pop up for me on my first go next time I play lol
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Hope you are not going for the Unlimited Use of Potch lottery ticket :)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Citrus bead can only acquired at the very beginning during thomas chapter one? what is the exact timeline?

Okay, so the only missable items for Chapter one are Citrus beads and Kuzzler beads

Btw, do you guys play this game with a laptop nearby when you are trying to play with walkthrough
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

you shouldn't have any problem with either kind of beads, they are both pretty common drops.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

what about statues? no one had a list of the item?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I decided to abandon the rare armor section, couldn't be bothered to check the list everytime I get an item. I will only get the 5 sets: Prosperity, Destiny, Mole, Guardian, and Pale Moon Set.

Btw, I'm starting chapter 3. Some useful notes:

CAN NOT BE OBTAINED DURING CHAPTER 4 AND 5

Painting: Ruins: 35,000 potch
Treasure Chest: Flame Champion's Hideaway - Guardian: Azzodess
Important Notice: This antique cannot be obtained during chapter four and five

Ol' Tree Beads
Dropped by: Arachnivore at the Amur Plains, in the Brass Castle, at the North Amur Plains and at the Yaza Plains
Important Notice: This bath accessory cannot be obtained during chapter four and five

Toy Boat
Dropped by: Dark Hare at the North Amur Plains and the Yaza Plains
Dropped by: Holly Elf in the Zexen Forest
Important Notice: This bath accessory cannot be obtained during chapter four and five

CAN NOT BE OBTAINED DURING CHAPTER 5

Goddess Statue S: 250,000 potch
Treasure Chest: Mt. Senai - Guardian: Nemesis
Important Notice: This antique cannot be obtained during chapter five

couldn't be bothered to get those food drops from monster either since I don't complety understand how the warehouse is organized later in chapter 4