I can't find Landis

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
benawa

I can't find Landis

Post by benawa »

Does anybody know about Landis position at the castle after recruiting him?
I can't find him at the castle.
eldrasidar

Re: I can't find Landis

Post by eldrasidar »

he's in the bottom level of the castle, the one only accessible by the elevator.
benawa

Post by benawa »

Thank's. Problem solved
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

After the huge bother of trying to recruit this bugger, I figure there's a need to record the way to recruit it so same players like me in future can save the trouble.

As few people in your party as possible. The first time I go through this with Hugo's group of 5 on the way to Chisha and this creepy bastard wont appear despite long time in that second screen.

I went ahead with the game. After the duels with Yuber and Sasarai, and before go to FC's hideaway, I tried one more time. This time only 3 people: Hugo and Fubar, plus Sgt Joe. After the first battle at that location he join right away. [shake my head].Average Level42 for the 3, if you are curious.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It has nothing to do with how many people are in your party as long as there's one slot open. It's a random event that occurs randomly, there's no hidden pattern.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

some factors that might influence his appearance, none of which have been confirmed:
Your level: Landis starts at level 42, with few exceptions, most characters will enter your party at around your level. So if you are under level 42, Landis may be less likely to show up, whilst if your are well over 42, he might show up much more often.

Party luck: a party with higher luck could possibly influence the random chance of Landis showing up.

Time frame in game: it may be easier to pick up Landis in chapter 5, than in chapter 3, although, that could be because you are invariably of higher level then and also higher luck.
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

Level could get crossed. My average level doesnt change between the two periods.

Party luck? Could possibly but it might mean a lower total level of luck. average possibly doesnt change much, within single digit range.

Time frame could get crossed. Both periods are in Hugo chapter 3, from when he goes through kuput for the first time to get to Chisha and get out of Chisha to get to FC hideaway.

Based on my single instance, I bet on number of party's empty slots as the biggest factor.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

by your lack of experimenting, you could just as easily conclude that Landis doesn't like 1 or both of the party members you dropped, and so refused to join your group until they were not in it.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Thing about randomness is that it's random (duh!) and hard to see patterns. You'd need to try it with every possible setting several dozens time to say if there's a trend or not, seeing what the average time with each setting is, standard deviation etc.

Because based ont hat, I could say that Double Beat Rune in Suikoden II is dropped with a lower chance in the German version of the game, because in my near 15 years of owning the game, I only got one.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

So we should all start a new game and get to Hugo chapter 3, try recruiting Landis ASAP
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

this topic wasn't even asking "how to recruit Landis" - it was just asking where he is located in HQ.
there really hasn't been a Landis recruitment question in ages.. no need to investigate so hard lol
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I did ask about how to recruit Landis on January 2014 but the topic title is not about Landis
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

there's a cetain spot that Landis can be found btw:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Dear Landis,

I hid the drugs and the refugees in each of your ovaries (not pictured). They will slowly flow down your sewer-like fallopian tubes until they come to rest in your womb where they will lay low for nine months. The mass is considerable, so do be sure to warn anyone down-range of you to duck before your water breaks.

Warm regards,
Nash
laclongquan

Post by laclongquan »

I got Landis on that weed corner, right before that yellow line. I know because I check the status before that place, get there, get one battle, check status again: voila~