Melville and Guillaume side quest

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Inthenem

Melville and Guillaume side quest

Post by Inthenem »

I'm playing through Hugo chapter 1 and i'm trying to start the sidequest but for the life of me i can't get it started. I understand there's supposed to be a cutscene between Melville and Guillaume in the market area by the inn? But i cannot trigger it at all. Melville and Guillaume and the girl are just wandering around outside the place where you're supposed to deliver the letter (which i haven't done yet) and i can't seem to get them to do anything else.

It's quite annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jowy Atreides

Re: Melville and Guillaume side quest

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The sidequest is not available until you deliver the letter.
Inthenem

Post by Inthenem »

Really?!

This walkthrough i'm reading has some 'splaining to do.

Thanks a lot for the timely response.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Which one are you using? The first walkthrough on GameFAQs (the starred one) is the best around.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

technically you don't have to deliver the letter, you have to attempt to deliver it as you are promptly kicked out of the guild hall the first time you try. Once you've done that you need to go to the market area and then I believe you will see guillaume and melville talking. Go up to them and engage them in conversation. That will trigger the scene. Then go out in front of the rune shop, and you'll see elliot, and see a scene where you learn the password, then follow elliot and alanis down the alleyway and up the ladders to the window and press x to tell them the password. some dialog goes on, select to help them out when asked. and you're on the sidequest. afterwards rest one night in the inn, and you can finally deliver the letter to the council. Obviously, don't forget to deliver the family crest to the Lightfellow's butler for 10,000 potch before resting after finally delivering the letter to the council.

also this should be obvious, but you cannot do the sidequest if you have already recruited melville and elliot with another character. you also will have missed your opportunity if you have successfully delivered the letter to the council.