Finishing the game under these conditions. Possible?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

Re: Finishing the game under these conditions. Possible?

Post by gildedtalon »

Still confused, I'll just post my party equipment later for confirmation.
Playing thomas' chapter, hopefully I won't find those overpowered equipment

Will have to waste a lot of time farming for gold to buy equipment for thomas, cecile, juan, and piccolo
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

different characters have different restrictions on what defensive gear they can and cannot wear going from the lightest (Robes) to the Heaviest (Armor)

Everyone can Wear Casques, and tunic(not entirely sure about tunics, but pretty sure)

Light characters: like Viki, can wear Tunic or Robe

Medium-light characters: like Hugo, can wear Tunic or Leather

Medium characters: like Geddoe, can wear Leather or Chainmail

Medium-heavy characters: like Fred or Sgt. Joe, can wear Leather or Chainmail, but also have shields, and/or access to Helms, as opposed to Casques

Heavy characters like Chris can wear Chainmail or Armor, can wear helms, and may also have shields.

most characters fit into the medium or medium light Categories. I think less than 20 stars are in the Light, Medium-Heavy, or Heavy categories combined.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

just beat the fire rincar still using only the initial equipment dealing 750 with every soaring bolt and 250 with every phoenix rune. actually i used one furious below in between to compare the difference:

furious blow:850 damage with the boss attacking first (risky as the boss can interrupt your chanting)
soaring bolt:750 damage with the boss attacking after you (no risk as you attack before the boss)

my party is lvl 37 hugo, lvl 36 geddoe, lvl 37 chris
note: the only way you can win this battle is to somehow be lucky enough that the boss bothered to use his single target attacks on chris so that geddoe won't have to heal the next turn otherwise you're screwed and probably will never make it with all the initial equipment, skill, and weapon. hugo will die after two turns(three if you are lucky or just defend throughout the battle), i'm busy ordering him to heal geddoe with his wind rune :D the boss dealt 190 damage to geddoe while chris can soak up the damage for 3 turns unhealed most of the time. on the last turn, chris died coz I misjudged the boss otherwise both she and geddoe would have survived the battle.......

so far i've only used 2 continue option,
1.last battle on thomas' chapter, forgot to upgrade equipment. got trashed miserably by those invincible knights where you have to stay alive for a few turns
2.Hugo(the one where you must interrupt sarah channeling the phantoms, i got killed on the battle with sarah). i'm too lazy to do the previous two battles again underlevelled so i just chose 'no way'.
note:my party is still using only the initial equipment, skill, and weapon

and so, the challenge ends here.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account