Character discussion: Lucia

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Character discussion: Lucia

Post by KFCrispy »

Lucia, some call her the female/Fire-version of Geddoe. She can reach 3 hits, gets 3 rune slots, has a great set of fixed skills (Swing, Accuracy, Continual Atk, Fire, and Magic Repel), and gets 2 free skill slots. All of her stats except LUK and SKL are above average; MAG that rivals Viki, Queen, Rody.. ATK that rivals Chris (without runes). Chris actually has a tougher time getting 3 swings (may have to use up most equipment slots to raise Chris' SPD high enough). HP, MDF, and REP are better than average so there's little to worry about defensively (plus B+ in Magic Repel).

It's pretty easy to figure out how to set her up: pure attacker, hybrid, or pure mage (though it's not so useful because most fire spells are so dangerous), so I won't spell everything out. I'll just focus on what I think is the best attacker setup.

3 free rune slots, 2 free skill slots, with the most important attack skills (Swing and Accuracy) already fixed. Damage (B+) should obviously be added. The last one I would reserve for Magic Sword (B+). Lucia's one of the few characters who has enough skill slots and rune slots so that a Magic Sword setup won't take away other potential for damage. She won't be able to learn Repel (A) but her high HP, naturally good REP, and armor can handle most situations. For runes, Double-Strike Rune is a given; the 2 remaining rune slots can be duked out between Fury, Magic Sword, and Warrior. At level 61, the Warrior Rune will only boost ATK by about 20%. Magic Sword will get a 41% boost, but her 3rd attack probably won't come out on the turn she activates it..

The only possible issue with using Magic Sword is that it might always prevent the third hit (not just the first turn). I think the magic sword extra hit animations might slightly reduce action time for the last hits.. I haven't gotten to test out this setup myself because I pretty much have to get to late Chapter 5 to use her again...

Critical hits are not common for Lucia because of her low LUK stat, so Chief's Hat is less of a concern. Of course the 3 chances to stun the enemy is nice, but she can be more productive with a Flame Casque (more STR to add to the 2-3 strikes and damage multipliers), Wizard Hat to boost her Fire magic, or Wind Hat to improve her ability to get a third attack.
Simplicity

Re: Character discussion: Lucia

Post by Simplicity »

I didn't notice this lovely set-up when I was playing in the past few days.. This is a fine brutal step that will unlock her power..

Mine was more like
Head:Lighting
Right:Rage
Left:Wizard

I made her a mage sword user.. (person who use magic and sword) along with Duke's babe.

wizard hat+fine rings that boost this deal.. and there u have it..

She did well actually..
"We are beyond humanity. We are beyond Salvation" -Ada Wong, Resident Evil 6.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

was the head rune a Sword of Thunder or an actual Lightning Rune?
Lucia does get a great boost from Wizard and has her natural magic repel skill to defend against magic.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

i think simplicity meant "mage knight" not "mage sword" so lightning rune, not the sword of thunder rune.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Unfortunately I didn't pay too much attention to Lucia in my playthrough.
Fortunately I'm currently replaying it now (well not at this moment) so I'll give her a whirl.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Lucia is one of the many characters that doesn't see play much, not because she isn't good, but because the player gets conditioned to her not being available, particularly if you choose Geddoe or Chris to be the flame champion, you will only be able to use Lucia for a brief part of chapter 4 and the very end of chapter 5. Personally, I think she is the best of the Karayan Clan, and second only to Yuiri if you include all the clans of grasslands.