Battle Oath - seems to be based on LUK

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Battle Oath - seems to be based on LUK

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm using a lvl 99 Viki who has insane LUK stat (240)... the entire party almost always gets berserked by Battle Oath. i'm thinking it's being influenced by LUK or her level.
eldrasidar

Re: Battle Oath - seems to be based on LUK

Post by eldrasidar »

hmm, I've noticed similar results from a level 87 Salome, however, he has a far more reasonable 144 LUK, although he also has an A in Shield. meanwhile a level 56 Aila has a comparable 138 LUK, with a B+ generally only berserks half the party or so. if you have someone else with a B+ and shield and lower luk, try them out and see, although, there may be threshold where higher luk no longer matters.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah i'll do some more testing... the first times I cast Battle Oath with Viki, her shield magic was only C. i'll try different affinity levels as well including ppl who don't have the affinity but have high or low LUK, and then with EXP level if i don't notice any difference.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

today my Battle Oaths from Viki didn't do so well (last 2 casts, just 2 characters went berserk). so it could still be completely random. i wonder if there is a japanese guide that explains stuff :/
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

just curious, are you using little Viki, or big Viki, because big Viki also is the only character I've seen perform a miscast, and I don't think little Viki has that problem. it could be related to this. I'd still think that LUK matters, but it likely gets thrown into an equation with a random number generator. something like:
Shield Cast by Char A
Check effect on Char A
X= random number between 1 and 100
BSK=LUK/4 + X + Shield Skill Bonus
IF BSK >=100 THEN character is BSKST
ELSE ~BSKST
Repeat for chars B-F

something like that(probably with a more codified system of Logic and programming)

If the formula is anything like what I have above there, then it would explain the high performance of Salome's Shield casting, as the shield skill bonus is not divided, like LUK is.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've been using big Viki who has the best LUK growth. little Viki's LUK is the same as Salome's.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

true, but little viki doesn't miscast, and has the same shield magic skill, and with enough LUK stones, you could get anyone's luk pretty high. I'm suggesting that there may be a hidden Viki factor not related to LUK.