recruitment errors on site

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
eldrasidar

recruitment errors on site

Post by eldrasidar »

these are some recruitment errors I've noticed on the site.

Barts-not mentioned, but he can be recruited by Thomas, in chapter 2, after Hugo escapes.

Nadir-can't actually be recruited by Hugo in Chapter 3, as Hugo can only have up to 1 woman(Nei) in his party by the time Caleria opens up, and thus fails to meet the two women requirement(pretty sure about this)

Guillaume-need to have recruited Nei, Toppo, and Shabon first, otherwise he will not appear in the Ancient Highway(you then must recruit him before the cyndar ruins open up, otherwise he'll be gone I think)
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: recruitment errors on site

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

(you then must recruit him before the cyndar ruins open up, otherwise he'll be gone I think)
No, he just stands there jabbing his trident into the opening like an idiot if it's open.

I think he actually has slightly different text in that case.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

either that, or it's one of the many many oversights in this game
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

for Nadir / Hugo chap 3: i think Sanae Y counts as a woman

for Guillaume, you may have had to do some stuff earlier like fighting him in Zexay (which makes the musical trio stand available to recruit, but you don't actually have to recruit them)

Barts--we'll add that (eventually...?), thanks!
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

sanae shouldn't, she's the same age as Rico(13), and a year younger than hugo, and both of them count as kids. Emily might, but she's only 15 so I doubt it, and other chars her age are still children(thomas, sharon). the only char other than nei that is definitely a woman is lilly(21), but she leaves before you can go to caleria to get nadir.

for guillaume, I don't know if recruiting nei is neccessary, but I did a playthrough of all 3 hugo chapters back to back without dueling him in venay del zexay, or getting augustine(when you talk him, you see guillaume sneaking by) and when i got to the ancient highway in chapter 3, there was no guillaume. my conclusion would be you need to at least duel him in venay del zexay in order to duel and recruit him in the ancient highway. although i didn't check this as i was saving the jongleurs for thomas to recruit.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Barts has been added for Thomas chapter 2.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

this might be one more.

in chris chapter 3, when you meet fred in duck village, if you pretend not to know him and then select the second option(how is it any of your business) he doesn't join you. Does anyone know if he auto joins later?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

cool, i've never done that! i feel like he has to join at some point before you head out because he's involved in pretty much all the rest of Chris' Chapter 3 scenes
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

He comes to Chisha on his own.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

indeed, by picking up fred and rico in duck village, you get a slightly different exchange between chris and nash and rhett and wilder, wherein the react ro Nash rather than fred, assuming nash is going to lead them into trouble like fred already did. then things progress as normal, until you arrive in chisha where the dialog proceeds as normal, until Wilder mentions the delicious food, at which point Fred comes up from the village, much to the surprise of the ducks, and joins the party.

also, I checked emily, and she counts as a kid for recruiting nadir. I'll check Belle and Sanae Y in a bit, after I collect 2 fire magic rings/

edit:
tried Sanae Y, and she does in fact count as a woman for the theatre, despite being 13. Weird. Still it is pretty hard for Hugo to recruit Nadir, as he does need Sanae Y and Nei, both of whom could easily get taken by the other three recruiters. Certainly it is far easier to recruit Nadir with Chris.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

recruiting Nadir in general is difficult, but of course we're just listing when it's possible. we can add a note about Nei and Sanae Y being required for Hugo Chapter 3 recruitment.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've added a little detail to Guillaume's recruitment requirements