Azzodess likes Mua?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Hork

Azzodess likes Mua?

Post by Hork »

I've noticed the two leftwing and rightwing Azzodesses in the final Sarah fight have three attacks (shoot some crap, go up and let a snake out of a door, thunder)...yet if Mua is in my party they will both only attack him with "shoot some crap." I doubt it's just luck because it was like 15/15 times (no firefly or skunks or anything). I must say the fight becomes incredibly easier with Mua in my party, I don't have to worry about them using Thunder or silencing my healers. Maybe it's because they favor "real men" and it may work with Leo and Wan Fu as well but I've not tested it with them. Anyone else notice this?

I've seen this one other time with Nariquas...they always favor female characters in their attack it seems. Can anyone confirm this as the case, I mean it seems really unlikely (though possible) that each time I've had Mua in my party both of those Azzoes only used their weakest attacks and targeted him.
eldrasidar

Re: Azzodess likes Mua?

Post by eldrasidar »

there does seem to be a tendency in monsters to go for either the weakest link in your group, or the strongest. guard characters like mua, or nicolas get tons of attention, but of course take almost no damage. Archers and mages like roland or rody are also fairly high probability, which is unfortunate, cuz they die quickly, however if you take advantage of the partner system, their partner might take a hit for them. it might be that the party you picked along with mua made mua the popular target. it also could have to do with the nature of that fight, because the azzodess appears several other times as an enemy and I know that I've never seen that behavior in any other encounters.
Hork

Post by Hork »

For me it's only the Azzodesses in that fight and the thing that makes it weird for me is that they don't use their good attacks anymore ever. Thunder is a very good crowd pleasing group killer and the snake-door move hurts and silences but they'll never use those if Mua is in my group. In fact I don't even worry about killing them because they have been rendered useless...i kill the blue dinosaurs then Sarah....all the while the Azzos just waste their turns.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

stupid question, but did you give him a Firefly Rune?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

who else are you using in your party besides mua and i assume chris? also does anyone have equipment like blue ribbons equipped? also, just for kicks, try running a party of mua, cecile, twaikin, nicolas, fred(maybe sharon), and chris, maybe all the shield users will confuse them.
Hork

Post by Hork »

No firefly or blue ribbons. In the future i'll do some data testing. I'll let them attack for like 15 rounds (kill everything else but them and defend) and see if it's 15/15 again. If it checks out again then I'll test Leo and Wan Fu to see if they like the people from the man attack gang. If it's still just Mua then I'll test with other shield users to see if it's all shield users.

It might have just been one big coincidence though.
evenstaves

Post by evenstaves »

Only thing I have to contribute here, is that a similar thing is happening in my current game - Troll Dragons seem invariably drawn to do single attacks on Aila. Every once in a while they do their all-attack, but if they start flying in a direction, and I have her in my party, for sure it's to blow fire on her.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

troll dragons generally just like archers, preferably one in the front rank, but if the only archer is in the back rank, it'll fly over to it anyway.
Hork

Post by Hork »

Seen the Troll Dragons too, it would always fly over to the back right corner to attack Jacques without fail (unless of course it did it's non-single target attack I mean then it would hit everyone).

Troll Dragons attack archers seems to make sense.
Hork

Post by Hork »

One thing that might be causing it: Mole equipment.

I don't see it listed anywhere but I'm under the impression that Mole equipment (a certain piece maybe or a full-equip bonus) makes you get targetted by enemies regular attacks...similar to a firefly rune.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Not that equipment matters, When i was doing Chris leveling trick, everyone was stripped naked and Roland get attacked by Troll Dragon regardless his position
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

yeah, I don't think any equipment has any effect on that except for blue ribbons, which make a character a less appealing target(and of course skunk and firefly runes). However the game does have several hidden character types, such as Berserker, Mage, Archer, and Guard. Most monsters don't care about this, they just go for whoever's closest, but some have a preference for one or more type, such as Mage or Archer
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

eldrasidar wrote: guard characters like mua, or nicolas get tons of attention, but of course take almost no damage.

Today i was at ceremonial site and i had Nicolas in my party (with Geddoe),and Yuber was keep attacking on Nicolas,with no effect. :lol:

So if it's true,it would be a good option if i use Mua,today with Sarah's battle. :roll:
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

keep in mind that enemies like Yuber have magic attacks, which will do a hefty amount of damage to most of the characters that are strong in physical defense like Nicholas or Mua
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

eldrasidar wrote:keep in mind that enemies like Yuber have magic attacks, which will do a hefty amount of damage to most of the characters that are strong in physical defense like Nicholas or Mua

Well i have used the silent lake move with Yuber,as i did with Sarah...especially with her,it would be very easy to win,with silent lake,since her physical attacks are very weak