has anyone tried this?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
eldrasidar

has anyone tried this?

Post by eldrasidar »

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the following:
play as geddoe, chris, or hugo and defeat the blue mantikra treasure boss, not taken the treasure, and finished the chapter, then play as thomas and pick up the treasure from the defeated mantikra. I don't know if this is actually possible, I was just curious if it would work, as i know I've done it in the past going from one of the main chars to another(I ran out of space to empty a treasure chest, and left it, and it was still there half emptied when I was in another chapter. IF it does, it would be a pretty cool way to get some better equipment in thomas's hands then what he is limited too normally by playing mini-games.

also side question: when doing kathy's races, does it matter what difficulty level you're playing at for getting particular prizes, or is it just the time?
RangerDeon

Re: has anyone tried this?

Post by RangerDeon »

I doubt it.
Don't they come back after a certain amount of time?

But if it is -- that would rock. Although I tend to level Thomas up and have him go to those places (Northern Cavern) on my own.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I'm pretty sure that it's impossible. Wouldn't the treasure box need to be emptied before someone else could fight the monster? You could of course leave the box full for Thomas after one of the other characters, but not after all three.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

oh I just meant after finishing a chapter of either chris hugo or geddoe, not all of them. as in say you go through geddoe chapter 1, unlock thomas, fight the mantikra, then complete the chapter, then do a thomas chapter. the point wasn't to have thomas fight the mantikra(which is impossible as thomas will run away from it), but if the mantrika was already defeated, he could pick up the treasure that was left behind. I don't know if the treasure chests reset unless they are completely emptied. this wasn't about leveling thomas, just giving him access to the treasure, which can be substantially more useful then what you get from the northern caverns. stuff like the chaos shield, taiyoku tunic, earth magic rings, double strike runes, blinking runes(if you got all of those in one chest, that would be impressive)
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I'm fairly certain Treasure Bosses reset when you start a new chapter so even if you did it you'd only screw yourself out of a chest.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

well, I guess there is only one way to find out.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

well, i went from hugo chapter 3 to thomas 1, and by the time I reached the mantikra, the chest had reset. I'll try again going from a chris or geddoe chapter to thomas chp 2, but it doesn't look good.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i agree with Raww here. since this game offers different sets of enemies based on the character's chapter, there is no reason to think a boss will remain defeated when you start a new chapter; it makes more sense that everything gets reset according to the enemy set of the chapter you just started.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I'm fairly certain that is the way it works cause the first time I played I had no idea how the Treasure Chest bosses worked so I only took the items I wanted and left everything else (which will not allow the boss to respawn as quickly) and the bosses were always there when I started a new chapter as far as I can remember which made me think there was only one boss per chapter.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

i'm pretty sure i managed to share treasure between two of the main characters, but that could be because the monsters are more similar between them, particularly by chapter 3, but I'm totally prepared to believe that this is not actually possible, I was simply curious as to whether anybody had actually tested it.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Thomas's party couldn't come close to that area anyway because you cut into a scene where they say they shouldn't wander that far off.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

he will enter the area, but coming within proximity of the boss causes him to flee back to the river path. the idea was to remove the boss, thereby disabling that trigger. but it doesn't work because the boss resets.