[FAQ] Hugo v Chris & Melville v Guillaume duel

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

[FAQ] Hugo v Chris & Melville v Guillaume duel

Post by gildedtalon »

Assuming you have lvl 99 Hugo & Melville, is it possible to win and what happens afterwards?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: Hugo v Chris & Melville v Guillaume duel

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I think I've won the Melville vs. Guillaume duel before. If I remember right, the game just continues on as it does when you lose, just Melville is still standing and Guillaume is surprised.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yeah, I DID remember beating Guillaume with Melville standing afterwards but some people at gamefaqs said I was lying and that really confused me :? What about Hugo vs Chris duel?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The duel in the cave? I thought this one was manipulated, so Guillaume HP won't decrease beyond a certain point. But I could be wrong.

Don't know about the other. Might be possible but you have to inflict enough dmg within 3 rounds.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Guillaume can't be beaten, that's why it's impossible to remember it. It's a fantasy.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Finally beat Chris with lvl 54 Hugo and 3 belt of strength. Took only 2 deathblows to kill her. It still took 3 rounds though with me choosing deathblow on all three and she chose attack, defense, and deathblow. The scene that follows is the same :(
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

In my attempts, it was fairly easy to defeat Chris because her comments actually match her attack, and you can actually damage her. In the case of Melville vs Guillaume, Guillaume's comments don't match his attack at all. Even if he says the same thing, his choices end up being different, which makes it impossible to know what he does. He also seems to have an infinite amount of HP or something. After fighting him for 30 minutes or so I just gave up.

Another battle that goes similarly is the duel between Hugo and Yuber at Chisha village. Yuber's comments don't match his actions at all, and he seems to have infinite HP.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i used a cheat to give me stat stones to pump up Hugo's stats for the Yuber duel (setting the ATK/STR value to a certain number is less reliable because you're bypassing the normal stat-upping system). You can't bring Yuber's HP lower than a certain amount.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, I used to cheats to directly toy with all this stuff. You get nothing special if you win any of them, but the game at least doesn't glitch. Guillaume is impossible to defeat without cheating, and if Melville has infinite HP, the duel just goes on forever. The others just go on for a scripted amount of turns or until the player dies (normally). Yuber is similarly impossible, except his duel ends after some number of rounds. Three, I think. In the case of Chris, it'll end when you beat her, when she beats you, or at three turns, but the scene after is the same regardless.