Hi all, just need a little help with Suikoden III

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Elven Princess

Hi all, just need a little help with Suikoden III

Post by Elven Princess »

Hi, everyone. This is my first time posting on this wonderful site. I'm new to the Suikoden series (though I own and have played Suikoden I and II, obtaining all 108 stars of Destiny on both).

I just recently bought Suikoden III and I'm in the process of playing it. I know about Thomas's Chapters and I want to play through them, but I attempted his chapter 1 after all of the other characters' first chapters and I found myself needing to go back to a previous save file and choose Chris's chapter 2 instead, because when I played as him, even random encounters were a problem.

So I was just wondering if there's any setup you would recommend to be able to play through his chapters. I know a lot of people like to recruit Twaikin with him because he's a tank. But I recruited him with Geddoe. My question is: which and how many stars of destiny would you say are necessary for him or that will make the chapters easier? Especially for the strategy battle in his chapter 2, because I know it's an endurance test and after that the four Zexen soldiers that you have to endure for another five turns until you get help.

Also, you can still recruit all 108 Stars of Destiny even if you don't play through his chapters, right?

Thank you so much!
Blutiger Engel

Re: Hi all, just need a little help with Suikoden III

Post by Blutiger Engel »

It's probably best to sit and train with the lower level characters a bit before rushing through his chapters. Saving any characters that can be recruited by him are a definite help, since the other 3 teams already have a sufficient amount of characters to get by (however, you might as well get Watari with someone else because it's unlikely that you'll have the money with Thomas). Unfortunately, I don't remember any specific characters except for Twaikin, Mel and possibly Kenji, so I'm sorry about that. I hope that helped at least a little bit.

As for 108 stars, you can recruit them all while skipping Thomas' chapters, thankfully. His chapters are basically just to give the player a bit more perspective into the story.
RangerDeon

Re: Hi all, just need a little help with Suikoden III

Post by RangerDeon »

Mel would help a bunch. She's in her 30s I believe.

I love playing THomas' chapter and recruiting all that I can with him. I felt it was his duty to recruit those people. :D

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore