Need a challenge

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
PLAMF

Need a challenge

Post by PLAMF »

I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid request, but I love Suikoden 1-3 and since the stories are so great I find myself repeatedly playing the games. In Suikoden 2, there was the challenge to beat the game only using the main character which I did, but I can't seem to find any way to challenge myself in Suikoden 3. Anyone have any suggestions?

The last time I played through it, I tried to limit myself to using only the weaker characters. That worked fine, except all of the Flame Champions end up being very strong toward the end of the game and even with weak teamates, the game is still pretty darn easy. I realize this game is just an easy game all around there aren't really any challenging boss fights excluding the boss in Ch. 4. But does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe using only 3 total characters? One healer one mage and one melee character? One of the times I decided to go fight the end boss with all four of the True Rune users, and it made me sad how easy that was. Hugo was the FC. Didn't even use the fire or water magic. Just used Geddoe nuking with lightning, hugo and Chris attacking then Sasari healing.

Any suggestions would be nice. Thank you.
Rikimaru

Re: Need a challenge

Post by Rikimaru »

recruit all of the dogs and use them, its fun, kinda like using the squirrels on S2
"How dare the Flame Champion appear after we've returned to Tinto, I will speak with him, or else!!" - Lilly Pendragon S3
"That place could turn an angel into a devil." - Elza S2
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Solo everything, you can do it. Keep everyone dead, leaving them with no experience
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Use underrated characters from start to finish. Underrated characters are those you don't use pretty often.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.