Endings

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Celes
Global Admin

Endings

Post by Celes »

Tada!

Here they are :)

Was quite a task to find and extract these...

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs3/guides/endings.php
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Endings

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

CelesDestiny wrote:Was quite a task to find and extract these...
Really? Compared to Suikoden II Suikoden III has a really logical system for most things in the script.

Hah... so Nei can die? Didn't realize that.
Dies in battle during a surprise attack by the Lizard Clan.
Can that even happen? It's Chris, Salome, Roland and Borus that take part there and I think all of them are story characters at this point.

Then again, could be a left-over since there's a line for naming your army in the script as well even though you never can.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Jimba

He is content to depart after he leaves behind evidence of his time on Earth.

Vanishes from the pages of history after two turns as a Champion's partner.
Which quote comes when? I guess it depends if you make Chris the FC... but.. well...?
Queen

Learns about the curse of the rune on Geddoe's right hand. Hopes to be of assistance.

Returns to her life in the Southern Frontier Defense Force. Recently she's given up vegetarianism.
Lol, so Queen stops vegetarianism depending on the FC? :D
Estella

Sets out on a journey to find the 109th star.

Sets forth to find another hero, her future comrades yet unseen.
Rody

Cherishes Estella's instruction as he continues to train.

Devotes himself to his training while traveling with Estella, but he still can't fly.
...? When do they come?
Koroku

Everybody's doing fine.

He's doing fine.
Lol, that's what you get for getting all 5 dogs? :D
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Speaking of Nei, I couldn't find her on the guide. Is she the only person missing from it?

Also, how do you get Luc and Sarah's bottom endings? I've always had the top ones. Do you still get endings for them if you don't gather the other 104 stars?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Hah... so Nei can die? Didn't realize that.
Suppose so. Never tried.
Can that even happen? It's Chris, Salome, Roland and Borus that take part there and I think all of them are story characters at this point.
Isn't it possible to bring recruited chars into this battle which are distributed to the units automatically? I believe Augustine would be one of them.
Then again, could be a left-over since there's a line for naming your army in the script as well even though you never can.
Maybe. At least that is what I suspect to be Tengaar's second ending in S1.
Antimatzist wrote:Jimba

He is content to depart after he leaves behind evidence of his time on Earth.

Vanishes from the pages of history after two turns as a Champion's partner.

Which quote comes when? I guess it depends if you make Chris the FC... but.. well...?
The first ending comes when Chris is the Flame Champion, otherwise the second.
Estella

Sets out on a journey to find the 109th star.

Sets forth to find another hero, her future comrades yet unseen.
Rody

Cherishes Estella's instruction as he continues to train.

Devotes himself to his training while traveling with Estella, but he still can't fly.

...? When do they come?
I think they are depended on each other. then again, both are recruited at the same time and both cannot die in war battles (Estella is support and Rody doesn't participate at all). :?

Can support characters die? I mean there are endings for tuta being dead as well...
Blutiger Engel wrote:Speaking of Nei, I couldn't find her on the guide. Is she the only person missing from it?
My mistake. Fixed now!
Also, how do you get Luc and Sarah's bottom endings? I've always had the top ones. Do you still get endings for them if you don't gather the other 104 stars?
I must admit, no clue here either ... :(
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Isn't it possible to bring recruited chars into this battle which are distributed to the units automatically? I believe Augustine would be one of them.
I don't think Chris has had a chance to go to Budehuc by this time so she wouldn't be able to recruit. She goes to Budehuc in chapter 2, and then it's optional.

The Lizard ambush happens at the end of chapter 1 so I don't think it's possible for anyone to die there.
then again, both are recruited at the same time and both cannot die in war battles (Estella is support and Rody doesn't participate at all). :?
Estella and Rody's are probably dependant on if you have all stars or not as there wouldn't be much sense for Estella (in her mind, mind you) to search for 109th Star if you didn't have 108 already.
Can support characters die? I mean there are endings for tuta being dead as well...
Don't know, but you can go through the game with Mio but not Tuta. Could be a bad translation or it's inferred that he dies somewhere if you don't get him.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:The Lizard ambush happens at the end of chapter 1 so I don't think it's possible for anyone to die there.
So this is probably not available after all.
Estella and Rody's are probably dependant on if you have all stars or not as there wouldn't be much sense for Estella (in her mind, mind you) to search for 109th Star if you didn't have 108 already.
Makes sense :)

Perhaps someone can try whether support characters can die if the unit is eiped out or not.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

CelesDestiny wrote:
Raww Le Klueze wrote: Perhaps someone can try whether support characters can die if the unit is eiped out or not.
When I first played Suikoden III and didn't know how to. . .I've had many of my units wiped out but my supports have never died.

I might have just been extremely lucky.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

again, these endings can be text developed to cover all scenarios so that they aren't missing portions when they finish programming everything else...

Chris can't recruit any characters when she is attacked by the Lizard Clan.

I suppose Luc and Sarah's endings depend on whether there were deaths in the final strategy battle?

it's been so long, most of these endings seem completely new!