Suikoden III emulator?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Matthijs

Suikoden III emulator?

Post by Matthijs »

Hello fellow suiko-bro's!:)
Ever since I was a little kid (bout 7-8?) i loved the game suikoden =P
I got I,II,IV,V but... Recently I really really feel sad that i don't know the whole storyline, because of Suikoden III.
Ofcourse, as a good-fan I read everything about it. But u'kno, it's not the same.
(KONAMI, WHY DID U SCREW EUROPE BY NOT GIVING US SUIKO III?!)

But, I heard there exists something called a emulator (infact, i got pokémon on emulator, don't ask me why I got POKéMON?!!) so I googled stuff, and finaly found there is also a Playstation emulator...
But sad enough, my knowledge of computers is just tiny... So I wondered if someone knew a Suikoden III emulator, totaly build in, which i can play immediatly without having to install a whole bunch of sh!t..?

If someone know anything about this, I would be really, really grateful... Suikoden for life man! :D

Greets,

Matthijs
BadPotato

Re: Suikoden III emulator?

Post by BadPotato »

I'm currently playing this game with pcsx2. Thought it took me a while to understand how to configure this for ending up with a decent FPS(frame/second).

Once you have everything, try different config experimentation about the CPU(if your operathing system have 64bits support and your computer is multi-core, that should help, thought mine is not), also look around the speedhack for better performance.

Only thing that I can complain from pcsx2 is that sometime the "flashback screen" is cut in 2... weird.
Matthijs wrote:Suikoden III emulator, totaly build in, which i can play immediatly without having to install a whole bunch of sh!t..?s
sometime you can find pcsx2 download with everything already configured, but must time this isn't up-to-date.

For missing information, just keep searching.

{edited by staff}
R_C_Cola2001

Post by R_C_Cola2001 »

The other option you might consider (probably expensive) is ordering an american ps2 and copy of the game online, such as through ebay. Again, might cost you quite a bit, but I guess it depends on how badly you want to play the game.
Matthijs

Post by Matthijs »

Hey, thank u both for the answer.

RCCOLA, I thought of it, and searched prices, found one for 25 euro in total, but I thought American games couldn't be played on European playstations?
R_C_Cola2001

Post by R_C_Cola2001 »

They can't, which is why I suggested buying an american playstation as well. LOL thats why I kept saying it'd be pretty expensive. Still, having an american system and a european one really opens up the amount of games you can play.
Matthijs

Post by Matthijs »

Oh.. shoot man... Really wanna play it, and if I had the money I would buy a american PS2.. But don't have that =// But gonna start working soon so I hope I can save up a bit...
But gonna focus on emulator pehaps first? Thnx alrdy ppl!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Although emulators are not universally illegal, ROMs are due to copyright law.

If you want to discuss buying a NTSC copy of the disc and playing it over an emulator that's okay, but do not discuss ROMs at Suikosource. Thank you!
Matthijs

Post by Matthijs »

Oh okay, sorry...
If anyone can help me with this please send me a PM instead :) thanks!