Fire Bringer Cut Scenes and Geddoe

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Belcoot4

Fire Bringer Cut Scenes and Geddoe

Post by Belcoot4 »

I've noticed and often wondered why when any of the characters are telling a story or having a flashback of the fire bringer why isn't Geddoe in any of the scenes? I know Geddoe is in the scene when the Fire Bringer decides to go their seperate ways but in all of the scenes he is not there. So I'm wondering was Geddoe just one of the regular looking soldiers and something possibly could have happened to his eye for him to wear that patch? Jimba or Wyatt appears in many of the scenes and I would think that he would be the one they would want to be more of mystery considering how Chris is searching for her father. Just a side topic, I'd love to play a game like tactics using the Fire Bringer in the 1st fire bringer war, that would be cool. So if anyone knows or read something in regards to Geddoe please fill me in.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Eightfold Rune

Re: Fire Bringer Cut Scenes and Geddoe

Post by Eightfold Rune »

Geddoe is a very strange guy. He barely talks, before joining the HSFDF wandered throughout the world seven to eight years prior to the start of the second Fire Bringer War. Geddoe was part of the first Fire Bringer War, he was a friend of the Flame Champion, as well as with Wyatt Lightfellow, a Zexen, who now calls himself Jimba of the Karaya Clan. They fought alongside each other against the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia. The war ended in a terrible disaster, where in the Flame Champion was unable to control the power of True Fire Rune casts a mighty explosion that wrecked havoc on both friends and foes alike. Tired of the bloody war, Harmonia secretly signed a non-aggression treaty with the Flame Champion and the Grasslanders, vowing to leave the Grasslands and not return for the next 50 years. Following this, the Flame Champion vanished.

After the terrible disaster, the Flame Champion sealed the True Fire Rune away from his body using an ancient Sindarian technique, and chose to live a mortal life with Sana, the love of his life. Prior to that, It was also stated in Suikoden III, that both Geddoe and Wyatt were present in the establishment of Budehuc Castle(Lake Castle) as free land, open for both the Grasslands and Zexens. Geddoe was on the Grassland side and Wyatt was on the Zexen side. It was a request by a close friend as Geddoe stated to Wang/Joker during the establishment of Budehuc Castle, as headquarters for the new Fire Bringer, Geddoe talking about the Flame Champion as this friend. In regards with Geddoe's eye patch if you ever wonder, It was during the first Fire Bringer War when he received the True Lightning Rune, eventually losing his eye on the battlefield.

After the war, Geddoe serves as a mercenary in-charge of the 12th unit of Harmonian Southern Frontier Defense Force keeping with him his True Lightning Rune, hidden in his right hand with just a simple glove. As for Wyatt, he also sealed his True Water Rune for awhile like what the Flame Champion did with True Fire Rune. But with the start of the second Fire Bringer War, Wyatt now calls himself, Jimba aware of Luc's plan to collect true runes, decided to release the seal onto the True Water Rune and bring the Rune back onto his body. Unfortunately failed, releasing a large burst of runic magic. He was ambushed by Luc, Sarah and Yuber in the Sindar Ruins. Overtaken by the rune's energy, Wyatt was mortally wounded but held out before the members of the second Fire Bringer could reach him, including Chris Lightfellow his daughter, bequeathed the rune onto her before his passing.
eldrasidar

Re: Fire Bringer Cut Scenes and Geddoe

Post by eldrasidar »

I get the impression that Geddoe probably was doing stuff similar to what Georg did in the Sun Rune War. He probably wasn't in a lot of major battles, because he was off doing more subtle stuff, like intelligence gathering, infiltration work and so forth. These kinds of actions seem to make sense in the perspective of what he was doing at the start of Suikoden 3 with the defense force. Wyatt on the other hand is a more upfront fighter kind of a guy, who is isn't able to to be so subtle, in part because he was a famous zexen knight(part of why he couldn't scout out lake castle, as a zexen patrol could possibly identify him, blowing his cover as a karayan), so he was at a lot of the major battles.