who's the 'correct' flame champion???

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: who's the 'correct' flame champion???

Post by Oppenheimer »

And of course Suikoden III isn't hard enough to have it really matter if you ever use a true rune or not. So I always pick whoever I like best as a character for Flame Champion (and that's Chris).
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Oppenheimer wrote:And of course Suikoden III isn't hard enough to have it really matter if you ever use a true rune or not. So I always pick whoever I like best as a character for Flame Champion (and that's Chris).
Same here. Besides I never use it because I hate the fire rune on this game (the fact that you never know just who you're gonna hit. . .whether it be foe or ally alike.)

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Just get a Wizard Hat and 3 Fire Magic Rings for Hugo. He will almost always cast fire magic in the first round.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Harmonian

Post by Harmonian »

yeah, in suikoden III, fire runes take too much risks.
I agree with that
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

OT but Lightning Runes are stronger and the safest way for damaging opponents. I sometimes hesitate to use Furious Blow in the game coz it feels like cheating but... nah!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
V.Valentine

Post by V.Valentine »

Hmmmm..... I say give it to Geddoe, he was good friends w/ the Flame champion and probably would better understand the nature of a True Rune as destructive as the Fire rune (everyone here thus far has agreed that fire is dangerous) and he's been alive the longest so he should have the best control of the three. Hugo is easily likeable because he's young but full of promise, but then so was another True Rune holder...... (coughs out) Luc!
manween_syx

Post by manween_syx »

Isn't it justified in the manga that the flame champ is Hugo?
he had that kind of bad-family-background Suikoden main hero..
in bad-family-background is no-father figure, or lack of info about it..
Harmonian

Post by Harmonian »

well my fav out of those three is Geddoe, because i think he is the most powerful and well-balanced in both combat and magics, but i liked Geddoe better with the True Lightning so I'll go with Hugo instead :<