Geddoe Chapter 1, Battle with Borus

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Harmonian

Geddoe Chapter 1, Battle with Borus

Post by Harmonian »

At Geddoe chapter 1, we must choose between fight borus or run away.
should we fight borus?? what happened if we choose to run away?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Geddoe Chapter 1, Battle with Borus

Post by Oppenheimer »

You should run away, the fight is incredibly hard. You can win though if you level up like crazy and are lucky. Besides experience there's no benefit to fighting. The plot assumes you will run.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's optional. none of your choices really change the story, but choosing to fight gives you a challenge.
Harmonian

Post by Harmonian »

oh, and I thought I can't get all the 108 stars if we run away. x)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

that "don't run away" thing is late game when Geddoe's protecting a large number of people.
sun rune

Post by sun rune »

i thought only chances you had is to fight borus intill now
sun rune
ForGreatJustice

Post by ForGreatJustice »

That fight is against other individuals in Chapter 5. You'll know it's the one because you'll be given three separate chances to choose to fight or run away.
zqrahll

Post by zqrahll »

It's not that hard of a fight, just make sure to have leveled Geddoe's lightning magic up, I'd recommend to a B at least. Make sure Queen has some version of Medicine. You can pair them up, but I recommend splitting them so you can give them both commands.

I have Geddoe cast Soaring Bolt first, which will kill the faceless troops, & have Queen use Ripple on Borus, which will often Poison him. Then just have them attack (use Berserk Blow w/Geddoe) & heal when necessary.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I used basicaly the same tactic. Its an easy battle to win if you're prepared. First make sure Geddoe has his Lightning skill up to atleast a B like mentioned above, but I also don't waste any of my skill points for Queen until I can find a Wind Rune. Max her wind skill as high as you can and the battle goes by a lot easier with her casting the shredding and Geddoe, if he has time, casting soaring bolt. If Geddoe is taking too long to cast then just have Queen use the shredding and have Geddoe heal with medicine or attack regualry.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Oh, I beat the crap out of him. Well...that's inaccurate, it was hard and I had to try 4 times. However, the only times I lost was when i got extremely unlucky. And I didn't "level up like crazy" I just ran around getting cash from trading and such and got levels that way, I didn't actually ever grind.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Drognar

Post by Drognar »

I fought him and kicked his ass. Put queen in front since Geddoe will auto attack, use healing using items when needed. Also try to gain 6 levels or so and buy the best equipment, he'll be a snap then. Borus is also kinda slow so don't be surprised if he misses. Trust me, if this as far as you've gotten there are bosses that are far more "unbeatable" then him that much more preparation then Borus, but of course most of them are optional as well.
Drognar

Post by Drognar »

Belcoot4 wrote:I used basicaly the same tactic. Its an easy battle to win if you're prepared. First make sure Geddoe has his Lightning skill up to atleast a B like mentioned above, but I also don't waste any of my skill points for Queen until I can find a Wind Rune. Max her wind skill as high as you can and the battle goes by a lot easier with her casting the shredding and Geddoe, if he has time, casting soaring bolt. If Geddoe is taking too long to cast then just have Queen use the shredding and have Geddoe heal with medicine or attack regualry.
Wow, Belcoot4, that a cheap way to win. You don't need any high level magic or even a high level character. Just grind for a bit and get your hands on some lvl 7 or some equipment from the Great Hollow. I beat him just attacking and medicine. Heh, funny part is I remember before the battle I was dirt poor so it took me a hr or 2 to prepare. I got optimal armor and still got owned by borus, had to go back and upgrade weapons as well. So I spend another 15 minutes doing that as well. I decided to put queen in front because Geddoe was taking too much damage.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I wouldn't call it "cheap". A bit overprepared, yes.

Speaking of which, I always level Geddoe's Lightning Magic up to A (and even forget all his other skills except Armor Protect if I have to).

I put Queen in front of Geddoe and had her use Ripple on Borus in the first turn. After that, Geddoe just casts all his Lightning Magic, while Queen attacks or heals when needed. I prefer that they're paired so they can share Medicine.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Call it cheap if you want but it got the job done right the first time. It really didn't take that long I might of spent maybe 30 to 45 min leveling up and getting skill points. Up until that battle I didn't use any of Geddoe's points on anything but the lightning skill so getting it up to a B didn't take anytime. I sold mostly all of the items i picked up in battle unless they were medicine so that I could have the best equipment available at the time. I'd only call my method cheap if I was the type of person who just goes through the story not leveling up or being the minimum level its all tactics either love it or hate it but leave it alone. Prepared is the right answer.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
avenger

Post by avenger »

guah ha ha i fought and kicked his butt, kay?