This game is impossible.

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
eldrasidar

Re: This game is impossible.

Post by eldrasidar »

if you had to use a codebreaker, then it's not actually possible by the game's original code. Yes, you proved that they have a set amount of HP, rather than infinite, but in order to do that much damage, you had to do a lot of cheating, which could not be equalled through any amount of grinding. let's face it, you did somewhere around 50,000 damage to each one, which cannot be achieved given the limitations set by the game at that point.
shinjig

Post by shinjig »

I could have sworn that I added in a line saying that. Ah well, but yes without cheating they are impossible to beat. But they do go down eventually if your powerful enough. Keeping in mind that the faq here say that they each have 65,000 HP. Not even legit endgame characters realistically have a chance to win the battle in 5 turns.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I always use Thomas' chapter to recruit people (since that's like...what it seems like he should do) so I'm always on at least lvl 20 when I finally finish.

I wouldn't call it impossible.
Just a bit hard. IF you're under level.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

My problem was that I would try and recruit everyone I could in everyone elses chapters, so by the time it came to thomas' chapter, I had nobody to recruit, which made it very difficult.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

it's fairly easy to get people up to level 26 by the end of Thomas chapter 2, at which point it's just a matter of boosting their defense skills and giving them proper equipment. The boss fight in the amur plains will boost thomas to level 32 if he beats it by himself, and with only one other person, they can both go up to 26 easy and level 28-9 with repeated beatings. Particularly if you have already gotten people like peggy and have some luck with some of the mini games, there's no reason for you not to be more than adequately prepared to endure the zexen knights. Really you only need Cecile to level up this much if anyone, and even then, it's more a matter of making sure she has the best armor available,
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

shinjig nice work with the impossible battle! even though it's "cheating", it takes a lot of work to get the codes all into the system and to setup, which is why i often forget or don't bother to try things out with codes :)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

so it's not possible without cheats? with all stats maxed, we still can't win. isn't there a rune that boosts attack power and equipment that boosts attack power at that point of the game?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

gildedtalon wrote:isn't there a rune that boosts attack power and equipment that boosts attack power at that point of the game?
there are a few pieces of equipment like that but they won't bring your STR to 999 or whatever was done... even grinding to level 99 won't get close and you can't farm stat stones.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

there's the stat stone glitch if i remember correctly
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

wow, that gameshark vid was hilarious. Anyway, this part of the game is VERY difficult and frustrating. You just need to level up and be patient and try again and again. It took me 5 times I think to finally beat it, you just have to survive love enough, so do what you can to keep your HP up and survive a lot of rounds.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

HA! Piccolo with the True Lightning Rune. Funny stuff. Good to see they have a set amount of HP though, but there's no way you can take those bastards down in five turns on a normal game. If they gave an unlimited amount of turns though, it's pretty possible.