This game is impossible.

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Jman

This game is impossible.

Post by Jman »

Possible Spoiler Alert!

I am at Thomas chapter 2 where you have to defend the Castle from the Zexen Knights AFTER Thomas refuses to leave and still stay castle master.

Well I've gotten through the major battle you have to do...but when you retreat INTO the castle you have to face off against 4 unwinnable zexen marshals. Well from what I've read you are suppose to defend and heal...But even when I do that, they do SO much damage to me that I still die anyway. Now what I am wondering is what in the heck am I suppose to do if defending doesn't even reduce the damage much and I cannot kill them? Broken game.
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: This game is impossible.

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Well, depending on where your last save is, I'd suggest levelling up more, sharpening your weapons to the fullest and get good armor. Oh, and put Mel in your party. I'm pretty sure you can talk to Sebastian and change your party before you go inside.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Put Augustine with at least a B+ in Parry and Twaikin with Armor Protect in the front rows. They're more than enough to do some tanking. The battle should end in 4 turns, I believe. I really wanted to beat those punks, but 65000+ HP is just impossible to bring down in 3 turns.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i am pretty sure if your party is wiped out before the 4 turns ends, the game will still continue. are you getting the "game over" screen or what?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

KFCrispy wrote:i am pretty sure if your party is wiped out before the 4 turns ends, the game will still continue. are you getting the "game over" screen or what?
Done that and it gets back to the last save point.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

there were two fights

the first you must endure

then Queen throws a flashbang

then the second commenced,

the second you can either win or lose

that is according to my memory
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I just played it again (thank god I had a save), and this is what happens:

-war battle with Leo/Percival
-Thomas and co. retreat
-fight with some soldiers at the stairs leading to the courtyard
-enter the castle
-Piccolo uses his magic
-four other soldiers enter
-Cecile charges towards them -- this leads to the battle wherein you must endure 4-5 rounds
-Thomas and co. are exhausted but get some assistance from the 14th Unit
-more soldiers enter; fight with two Zexen Knights -- this is a winnable battle
-Zexen councilor comes in and Martha busts his ass

That's it. I tried giving it a spin again by using Nei and Augustine. I got lucky with Battle Oath (equipped Thomas with a Shield Rune) berserking everybody. Juan and Augustine did above 10000 combined damage during the first round (Juan had x3 damage crits), then Nei casted Song of Madness. Piccolo casted Furious Blow (S in Lightning Magic) for 1300 damage. In the succeeding turns, Juan did like 7000 x3 damage crit in one hit, and I got lucky with Cecile/Thomas doing a critical hit with their Combo Attack (3xdmg) and it dealt 5000 the first time I did it and 7000 the second time. Still didn't get the job done. D=

Might try it again today and record my numbers.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

they're simply unkillable or have an impossible amt of HP.

regarding surviving: if you don't have Twaikin or Mel, Cecile is your best survivor with shield and heavy armor. give her your best armor and stick her behind your next-best survivor, and train her Armor Protect skill as much as possible. the others should focus on keeping Cecile's pair alive.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I'd suggest leveling up a little.
I've always been leveled up in the Thomas chapters, because I'd try to cram in all the recruits you could possibly. . . .recruit. . . before his chapter is over. So at best I'd probably end up at level 20-something. . or 16. . .one of those.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
mumbay

Post by mumbay »

aren't you able to level up still when your people are preparing by putting them in formation and going down to the underground tunnel?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

You can actually go outside Budehuc Castle before the war battle. Juan, Thomas, and Cecile were Level 26, and everyone else were around 20-21. It's actually pretty overkill.
mumbay

Post by mumbay »

amazing as many times as i have play suikoden III i have never noticed you were able to go outside before the Final War Battle in Thomas's second chapter
magnaangemon01

Post by magnaangemon01 »

Those 4 are impossible to kill. I have done thousands of damge to them and they do not die. just survive for a few turns and Geddoe's crew will help you out from the shadows.
avenger

Post by avenger »

personally i'd prefer augustine in hugo's party rather then thomas's. i always have hugo help augustine out.
shinjig

Post by shinjig »

Sorry to necro but they aren't impossible to kill. however you need to codebreak a lot of things to make it possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO6_XsX7a5M

I forgot to start recording before the battle and remembered after the 1st round.

Even with all the codes in it still took 10 tries to beat them. Basically Juan kepted on missing the first few turns so after the 4th turn there would still be 1 guy left leaning over. With 1 attack left to kill him.