Lightning Magic Ring & Pale Moon Leather

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Gadwin

Lightning Magic Ring & Pale Moon Leather

Post by Gadwin »

What's the needed score for the Lightning Magic Ring and the Pale Moon Leather with Fubar or the horse ?
Mikain Clan King

Re: Lightning Magic Ring & Pale Moon Leather

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Can you be a little more specific, like where you get the goal to acheive the score from or what the goal is. Basically what score?
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Gadwin

Post by Gadwin »

Actually, I' m talking about the prices you get from Kathy.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

basically all the good/unique prizes are obtained by: Acquire an approximate time of 53 seconds with the horse or 45 seconds with Fubar in Ranch Racing

if you finish too quickly you will NOT get a unique prize, instead you'll get like Deer Antlers and other generic stuff.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

You have gotten the Pale Moon Leather by winning kathy's race? I can't, I've tried winning in an approximate time of 51 seconds, faster than 51 seconds, exact 51 seconds (51:00) and I still never got the item. I only got a palemoon necklace instead :(
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

It's honestly easier to get both items by fighting the appropriate treasure bosses, at least certainly the lightning magic ring is. I've gotten several of those by repeatedly fighting the Rock Golem. The only treasure boss item I have trouble getting is the Taiyuku Tunic from the blue crab, although in the process of trying to get 1 of those, I got a bundle of Double Strike runes, so it wasn't all bad. the only other really hard item to get is the water magic ring which can only be found on a corpse in the Flame Champion's hideaway, a lot time doing the save, check, and resets on those. Of course you can always do Kathy's races, but most of the items from treasure bosses and corpses are only there for limited portions of the game.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there are only 2 Pale Moon Leathers in the game, the treasure boss and mini-game.

Water Magic Ring is actually really easy, but you need to set it up. first take whatever item is there, then stand near the nearby save point and WAIT 30 MINUTES, save, and check the bag. do the reload trick until you get it.
Mt. Hei-Tou is more annoying because you still need to cross several screens (and you have to fight the boss) from its save point.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

the theory of getting the water ring is easy, but in practice it took a long time, at least for me, I had lousy luck or something I guess.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

KFCrispy wrote:basically all the good/unique prizes are obtained by: Acquire an approximate time of 53 seconds with the horse or 45 seconds with Fubar in Ranch Racing

if you finish too quickly you will NOT get a unique prize, instead you'll get like Deer Antlers and other generic stuff.
this information is wrong, you need to beat your own record in order to get those stuffs. so the best way to do this is finish each race slowly so you'll get the item easier. Since your time is so slow, you can beat your record easier

In all my games, those approximate times with the horse to get an item never work. only by beating my old record, can I get the unique items
Lovestar

Post by Lovestar »

I'm not sure that's quite true, although it's an interesting proposal.

My personal experience all involves Chris on her white horse.

After having no luck on the lower-difficulty courses (repeated generic Cactus rewards), I switched to the "Lots of obstacles" course. Although I kept improving my times, any time above 52s gave me a Mega Medicine A. Anything between 51s and 52s consistently gave me a Deer Antler.

I only got a non-obnoxious reward when I began pushing below 51s, and I got one every time I came in below 51s. Sometimes I did a fraction of a second better or worse, but being below 51s still gave me a prize every time.

Notably, getting 50.61 gave me the Pale Moon Leather. A few runs later I came in at 50.89 and received a Haziness Rune. I'd guess it draws from a random pool of "good" rewards as long as you meet a specific threshold, similar to Goppu.

As for Lightning Magic Ring, I also picked that up on "Lots of obstacles" with a sub-51s time, although I don't remember the details of that one since I didn't care (already had like 6 from killing Rock Golem with Geddoe).
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

yep, looks like you need to get below 51 sec first