Question on cheat codes; changing skill ranks

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Question on cheat codes; changing skill ranks

Post by Pyriel »

patch=1,EE,21767bc0,extended,00000000
Just in case, it's pretty much a matter of taking the bold parts and using them as a cheat code. Depending on the device you want to use, it may require encryption or more massaging (AR MAX), though.

The one exception is the patch code with 419A9060. That's a two line code. The principle is the same, but you have to keep all the bits of it together or you'll get weird results. I mean, that's probably true with the other one as well, but not simply because of the commands it uses.

In those PNACH files, "extended" basically means "interpret this as a cheat code in the format of whatever cheat engine we've emulated". I'm not sure what device PCSX2 emulates, but I think it's pretty close to a CodeBreaker 6. Anything other than extended is a simple write, unless I'm forgetting a command they support. So the first bold bit would be an address, and the second is the value to write. If the size is "byte", you don't need to do anything except maybe left pad with zeroes to fill out eight characters (no need here). If it's "half" or "word", the first position needs to be swapped for the appropriate command, "1" for "half", and "2" for "word". Ronnen was kind enough to use "extended" instead of "word" for his 32-bit writes, so that saves a tiny amount of trouble.